[Mingw-users] Problems with compiling Windows system calls with MinGW gcc 6.3.0

Back to archive index

Eli Zaretskii eliz****@gnu*****
Thu Aug 2 00:47:37 JST 2018

> From: Keith Marshall <keith****@users*****>
> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 18:00:37 +0100
>
> I just found another ... running mingwrt's C++ headers integrity test
> fails in <process.h>, because g++ now seems to provide internal
> prototypes for execv(), execve(), and execvp(), which conflict with the
> Microsoft specific declarations in <process.h>.

Ouch!  So another release of MinGW GCC will be needed to fix this?  Or
is there a way to avoid the problem with some easier solution?

Thanks.