[tomoyo-users-en 146] Re: environment variables too long?

Back to archive index
Tetsuo Handa from-****@I-lov*****
Wed Apr 14 12:15:12 JST 2010

Hello.

Lee Worden wrote:
> > The maximum length is 4086 characters. If environment variable string is longer
> > than 4086 characters, only beginning 4086 characters are checked.
>
> Sorry, is that the maximum length for each name-value pair, or for the
> entire list of pairs?  The individual name-values pairs in my example are
> not that long.

For each name (e.g. "SGE_JOB_SPOOL_DIR", "PATH", "HOME").

> >> allow_env spool/n03/active_jobs/175.1
> >
> > "allow_env" line prints environment variable's name rather than its value.
>
> I understand.  The actual name-value pair is
> "SGE_JOB_SPOOL_DIR=/usr/local/sge/default/spool/n03/active_jobs/175.1".
>
> It is as if the list of name-value pairs is being cut in the middle, and
> the later part of this value is treated as if it were a name.
>
> When the values are different, the cut happens in a different place.

That's because TOMOYO 1.7.0 by error used same buffer for both name and value.

> I'll try to collect more information and see if I can isolate the problem.

I think you can isolate the problem by disabling "allow_env" checking.
Steps to disable "allow_env" checking are

(1) append below lines to /etc/ccs/profile.conf

 0-CONFIG::misc::env={ mode=disabled }
 1-CONFIG::misc::env={ mode=disabled }
 2-CONFIG::misc::env={ mode=disabled }
 3-CONFIG::misc::env={ mode=disabled }

    (if you have more profiles, please repeat the lines as well.)

(2) reload /etc/ccs/profile.conf by

    /usr/sbin/ccs-loadpolicy p

It seems to me that you have a reason you cannot use TOMOYO 1.7.2 .
Is it possible to send me the output of /proc/version and /proc/ccs/version ?
I'd like to reproduce the problem using the same kernel you are using.

> Thank you for your help.

You are welcome.